Updated: Forms updated to reflect changes in tax year.
You can use this form to claim back tax HMRC owe you if all the following apply:
- you’ve taken a flexibly accessed pension death benefit payment
- you’ve only taken part of your death benefit pension pot and will not be taking regular payments
- the pension body is unable to make any tax refund
You can either:
- fill in the form on-screen, print and post to HMRC
- print form P55(DB) and fill it in by hand if you can’t use the on-screen form
Income Tax: claim for a repayment of tax when you have stopped working: pension death benefit lump sum (P50Z(DB))
Use form P50Z(DB) to claim back tax HMRC owes you on a pension death benefit lump sum payment.
Income Tax: pension death benefit lump sum: repayment claim (P53Z(DB))
Use form P53Z(DB) to claim back tax HMRC owes you on a pension death benefit lump sum payment you recently received.