Guidance: HMRC property rental toolkit

Updated: Agent toolkit for Property Rental updated for 2016 to 2017.

Guidance for tax agents and advisers on common errors on property rental in tax returns. It may also be helpful to anyone who is completing an Income Tax Self Assessment Tax Return.

Source: HMRC

Collection: Income Tax statistics and distributions

Updated: Updated tables with new information for tax year 2017 to 2018.

The Income Tax liability tables in this series provide breakdowns of the number of income taxpayers and Income Tax liabilities by age and gender, marginal tax rate, income source and tax band, and by country and Government Office Region.

You can find all tables for previous years on the National Archives website.

Release schedule

These tables are published twice yearly at schedules dictated by the release of new survey information for taxpayers and the publication of revised forecasts for the UK economy by the Office for Budget Responsibility.

For the exact date of release please refer to the UK Statistics publication hub or refer to the scheduled updates section:

Source: HMRC

Form: Self Assessment: register a partnership for Self Assessment (SA400)

Updated: Details section has been updated with additional requirements for registering a new partnership online.

Use the SA400 to register a new partnership for Self Assessment. The partner nominated by the partnership to receive and submit partnership returns must sign the form.

You can register by:

  • using the online service (you’ll need to log in to your tax account)
  • filling in the on-screen print and post form and sending it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

To register using the online service, you’ll need to have your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number or VAT reference number added to your Business Tax Account.

You can add the UTR or VAT reference number from the homepage of your Business Tax Account.

If you use the online service to register, you’ll get a reference number to track the progress of your registration.

If you have problems opening the online forms you can use the PDF version. You’ll have to print this and fill it in by hand before posting it to HMRC.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

64-8: Authorising your agent

Source: HMRC

Form: Tax credits: renewal pack notes

Updated: Welsh version of the TC603R Notes added to the page

Use these notes to help renew your tax credits claim. If your renewal pack contains:

  • an Annual Review form and an Annual Declaration form – use TC603RD Notes

  • an Annual Review form only – use TC603R Notes

Your renewal pack will be sent to you automatically if you need it. You can’t download it or order it online.

How to renew tax credits
Guidance on how to renew your tax credits claim.

Source: HMRC